Labels

2011 (1) challenge (1) February (1) Gathering (1) Indian (1) intro (1) invite (1) photos (1) snarky (1) spice (1) truck nuts (1)

Saturday, February 5, 2011

January 2011 - Founder's Night

I've waited far too long to upload the photos from the 18th...I've forgotten what many of the dishes were!  And I realize I didn't get a picture of the turtle cheesecake...man...I need to remember that bit of delicacy.  So I'm learning about what to photograph and how to best summarize.

If you want to share exactly what your dishes were and where people can find the recipes, please leave a comment.  My Palak Paneer came from Ismail Merchant's  "Passionate Cooking".  It turned out far more healthy green than anything I've ever had at an Indian restaurant so I'm still not sure if I messed up the recipe or  not (too much spinach?)   Poor Ismail- that book isn't doing so well at Amazon, it must not be too popular but I think it's well written - nice combination of recipes and commentary about cooking.

Here are the photos that I grabbed that night - if I got something wrong in the captions, let me know and I'll update them.  OR you could get a login and help out with the blog...manipulator?  Who me?  No, that's called enabling, silly.

No comments:

Post a Comment